Sunday, February 5, 2012

New Skin Cream + Working Out + Going "Au Natural"

Several women on the Crazy Sexy Life website have written glowing reviews about Magic Skin Balm by Brigit True Organics. They used it during and after radiation and claim that it really helped alleviate their radiation dermatitis (i.e., radiation burns). Many of them continue to use the product well after treatment.

I did a little research and lo and behold - these organic products are made about 1 hour west of me in Charlottesville, Virginia. Talk about coincidence... Anyway, the good news for me is that it is widely available at health food stores in the Richmond area. Today, I picked up a small jar at Ellwood Thompson's. My skin is holding up fine so far but I plan to use the Magic Skin Balm from here on out. I will keep you posted on how it goes...

In other news -- I actually worked out today. I guess you could call it a workout. It certainly wasn't what I was used to in my "former" life but hey, I have to restart somewhere. I did 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill then used dumbbells for squats, biceps curls and triceps. I also did some pushups and crunches. I think it was a good start. I am also tracking all my food on Weight Watchers. I lost two pounds last week. I would love to lose another pound or two this week. *fingers crossed*

And finally, I went out "au natural" this weekend - no scarf, no hat, no wig - nothing! My hair really isn't long enough but I just didn't care. I decided to run some errands without anything on my head and guess what? No one stared. Babies did not scream or cry. No one laughed and pointed at me. Basically, no one cared. Yay! I am pretty close to going au natural at work. Maybe another week or two...

My next goal is to scope out some yoga studios and actually join one. I would love to start taking a class on the weekends.

Okay - it's almost time for kickoff... Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Jen! I love how you are taking care of your body, and feeling comfortable in your own skin. I have just the tiniest bit of stubble on my head, not perceptable to the naked eye, but at least it has started to grow. I also have been walking and am looking in to taking up yoga. Did you know that exercise cuts the risk of recurrence of breast cancer by 40%!
    Cancer Warrior
    www.perksofcancer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Au natural and exercise! That is progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking great, my friend. Please let me know how that skin care cream works for you. You know that I like Products ! Me and The Rock love products. And I love The Rock but he doesn't know it !
    luvs and hugs,
    Scoot

    ReplyDelete