Saturday, September 3, 2011

Do I really have breast cancer?

Some days, most days, it is hard for me to believe I have breast cancer. Maybe I am in denial.

I remember how I felt when I received my diagnosis. I know that I had a lumpectomy and wore a lovely drain for a few days. I have a small scar on my right breast that looks like a cat scratched me. That's it. Oh, and another small scar under my right arm where my lymph nodes were removed. I have had one round of chemo but no bad side effects.

I actually feel really good right now and I guess that is why it's hard for me to believe I have cancer.

I am not asking to feel bad. Believe me, I don't want to feel bad! But I went for a long bike ride this morning with my husband and was just so thankful that I feel this good.

I am sure I will have days where I will feel lousy. And I will blog about them when they happen. But for right now, I feel fine and am just waiting for my hair to fall out. The big hair loss is supposed to happen next week (2 weeks after Round 1 of chemo). We shall see. Maybe that will make it all a lot more real for me.

Until then, I am just enjoying the hell out of life especially now that the worst of the summer heat is gone and we're getting ready to head into Fall (my favorite season)!

No comments:

Post a Comment