Saturday, September 17, 2011

Crash and Burn

Yesterday was my day to "crash and burn." It was not unexpected. I have been feeling great thanks to my Energizer Bunny medication (a.k.a. decadron) which I take the day before, the day of and the day after chemo. But it's only a three day regimen which means Friday is the big letdown for me.

I left work right after lunch and went in for my Neulasta injection. Then I came home and curled up in bed for the rest of the afternoon. I was up by dinner time and feeling okay. No nausea, just extreme fatigue. I can handle fatigue.

I slept great last night and am feeling okay today. My appetite is huge. Too huge! I had a Western omelette, grits and toast for breakfast this morning. Yummy! I think I may curl up in bed and watch a movie this afternoon -- or the Red Sox -- the game comes on at 4 PM.

At least I am not sick and for that, I am very grateful!

All for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment