Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom

Today is my mom's birthday. She would have been 72 years old today. As I write this post, I am overwhelmed by how much I miss her.

But now I am looking out the window to my backyard and there on the bird feeder is the first goldfinch of the season - bright yellow and just sitting there. He's not flying back and forth, darting from tree to tree the way goldfinches normally do. He seems to be sitting there for me to notice him. My mom loved goldfinches. Seeing him there brings a smile to my face.


Mom's Birthday - 2006

Playing Golf - 2005

Easter Sunday - 2007

Celebrating Remission - 2006

Enjoying a Red Sox Spring Training Game - 2006

Glorious June Afternoon - 2005

With My Dad - June 2005

I love you, Mom. I miss you every single day but I know you are always with me.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen. I don't tell many this, but in addition to being a Psychologist, I am a "Certified Angel Therapist". When I did my training, I learned that there are many ways that angels, and deceased loved ones communicate. One of the ways is through birds, especially if these birds "act" in a way that is uncharacteristic of how they would normally behave..... As in the case of the goldfinch you talked about. I have no doubt that this is a sign from your mom.......but I am not trying to force MY beliefs on you:) Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really interesting! The goldfinch this morning sat on the feeder for at least 20 minutes. I left to take a shower and when I came back, he was still there. I have never seen one sit in one place that long. So I do believe it was a sign. Thanks, Flo! :-)

    ReplyDelete