Monday, August 22, 2011

Girls' Weekend in Winter Park, Florida

I have a lot of catching up to do... first things first.

I flew down to Winter Park, Florida to meet up with my two BFFs Ronni and Carolyn. I wanted a nice weekend away before starting chemo and losing my hair. Carolyn just bought a gorgeous condo in downtown Winter Park within walking distance to all the nice shopping and restaurants.
Here is a quick run down of the weekend activities:


  • We took the Winter Park boat tour and saw all the lovely mansions on the lakes.

  • We walked to the Morse Museum of American Art and saw the astounding Tiffany Exhibit - the largest collection of Tiffany artwork in the United States.

  • We laughed, drank wine, watched "Up in the Air" with George Clooney.

  • We went out to see a great rock-n-roll band called My Generation.
No weekend would be complete without someone earning a nickname. This weekend, it was my turn: The Queen. For some reason, Ronni and Carolyn thought I was getting a little bossy on Friday night after a few glasses of wine. Not sure whatever gave them that impression! (haha!)

Carolyn offered to make pizza when we got home from the wine bar on Friday night. I opted to stretch out in her lounge chair (dubbed The Queen's Throne) and just barked orders: "More pizza! Make another one!"

As Carolyn said: "The Queen wants more pizza! Chop! Chop!" She scurried off into the kitchen where much button-pushing and microwaving was heard.

Poor Ronni... I was chowing down on pizza and didn't even share with her until the last corner piece. She was practically begging like a hungry dog. I thought she had her own pizza - I was WRONG! But we all laughed about it the next day and they continued to call me the Queen throughout the weekend.

It was the best girls' weekend and exactly what I need before starting chemo.
Love you, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment