Sunday, May 1, 2011

Another year older

I turned 47 years old on Friday, April 29. Sometimes my age feels like just a number and other times, it feels like a heavy weight on my shoulders. It all depends on how I feel and what I weigh. Right now, I don't feel so great. And I would love to lose 10 or 15 extra pounds.

I wouldn't say that being 47 is great. I am not one of those women you see on "Oprah" who is of a "certain age" and completely comfortable in her own skin. I am one of those women on "Oprah" who feels kind of crappy as I head into menopause. I am not there yet but my body is definitely heading in that direction -- kicking and screaming.

So why the blog? Because I really want to feel better. I want to hold myself accountable for creating a healthy lifestyle. I want to recapture the energy and vitality I had 10 years ago. I want to feel good.

Is that too much to ask?

I am not depressed. I am happily married, I have a good career, I am attending graduate school and am enjoying pretty much everything I have going on in my life right now. I know there will be another storm but for now, my life is calm.

But while my life is calm, I need to take better care of myself. I need to find some answers and make some changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment